4.5.11

More Fanart, You Guys

The last few days I've been working on something for Mr. Ross Campbell, who is by and large these days one of my big ol' comics heroes.
Here are the scribbly, nocturnal fruits of that labor.

It still could be better, but I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out. Shadoweyes is ludicrously fun to draw, and I think I was able to at least hint at the beautifully twisty, crumbling mess that is Dranac. I also haven't done a coloured pencil piece in quite a while, so neat to see I still had an idea of what I was doing. Still, I had to do some tweaks in Photoshop to really impart the feel I wanted.

For comparison purposes, here's the unaltered image, straight from the sketchbook.
Keep on making quality comics and blog posts, Mr. Campbell.

[Holden Out.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is AH-MAZE-ING Holden! Great job and keep up the good work. Your art is getting better and better and it is nice to see something drawn in the raw from you, no computer/graphic manipulation XD. This is very different from the other completed and colored pieces posted on here. Great job! <3

Anonymous said...

Question: Did you create this yourself or is this a Holden interpretation of an already established image?
On a side note: I almost like the original better than the edited one... XD I think that's just me being opinionated though ;-P

ross said...

i know i sent you an email but thank you again!! i really appreciate the drawing, it rocks. i like both versions for different reasons; i think the unedited/original piece might be stronger because of the colors, but the darkened one makes more sense because Scout only comes out at night. ;)

thanks again!!!